Andrology is the medical specialty that deals with male health, particularly relating to the problems of the male reproductive system and urological problems that are unique to men. There are four broad streams in andrology:
- Sexual dysfunction
- Erectile dysfunction
- Ejaculation disorders
- Testosterone deficiency – Hypogonadism
- Urogenital Reconstructive Surgery
- Peyronie’s disease
- Congenital diseases-Congenital curvature
- Epispadias, Hypospadias
- Aesthetic Augmentative Phalloplasty
- Prostate dysfunction
- Benign Prostate Hyperplasia
- Prostate cancer
- Male Subfertility
Andrologists, the doctors practicing andrology, are trained surgeons-urologists that have further specialized for many years in male sexual and reproductive healthcare and practice solely that. Successful andrologists needs to combine a number of traits:
- Excellent surgical skills so as to perform complex uro-genital reconstructive surgeries
- Significant practical experience to enable them to identify and provide personalized treatments
- Outstanding compassion, discretion and honesty towards patients so as to help them deal effectively with stressful conditions, which very often cause embarrassment
Since sexual and reproductive health is a function of numerous physiological, hormonal and psychological factors, the andrologist, who is interested in providing a definite and lasting treatment to patients rather than just treat symptoms, is also required to lead and co-ordinate treatments with a number of other specialized doctors such as diabetologists, cardiologists, psychologists and endocrinologists among others.
This means that truly leading andrologists must be extremely gifted and highly specialized physicians with excellent patient communication skills so as to ensure their patients physical and psychological well-being. It goes without saying that our doctors and the rest of our personnel exhibit these characteristics.
In addition to the medical skills of our doctors, we have also gone to great lengths to make sure our practices and offered services are organised in such a way so as to provide full transparency and support to our patients and optimize the treatment outcomes in a relaxed and welcoming environment.